As the champion for the Angel-asset class in Canada, we represent the interests of all Angel investors across the country. Through our public policy initiatives, we are:
- Representing Angel asset-class issues of national significance
- Assuming a leadership role in areas requiring national coordination and support
- Promoting the Angel asset-class to the general public in Canada as well as internationally
Innovation Policy: Stimulating Investment in Canadian Ventures
NACO is proud to publish its first whitepaper with the objective to promote policy initiatives intended to increase the number of successful startup companies, jobs, and wealth creation by supporting early stage capital investment provided by Angel investors in Canada.
NACO suggests the following policy initiatives:
- Provide incentives for Angels to increase the supply of investment capital
- Eliminate deemed benefit tax on issuance of CCPC founders’ shares or stock options to employees
Submission to the House of Commons Standing Committee on Finance
A Nationally-Coordinated Network
- Recommendation 1: Funding a Nationally-Coordinated Network Supporting Angel Investment
- Recommendation 2: Refinancing Existing Programing Supporting Angel Investor Network, Supporting the Priorities of the Committee
NACO Response to OSC Staff Consultation Paper
We were asked to respond to the OSC’s Consultation Paper 45 710: Considerations for new Capital Raising Prospectus Exemption, which deals with proposed changes to the definition of an accredited investor, creation of education or experienced-based exemptions and crowd funding as a concept, among others.